From two sisters who taught at Howard Faculty to an architect and president of a land enhancement firm, there were being several occupants of the two-tale body dwelling at the corner of West Fifth Street and Cedar Road on the side of Cameron Hill.
The residence experienced two front porches and was evidently made for several occupants.
In the early 1900s, it was occupied as a boarding residence.
Sarah W. Fowler and Susie M. Fowler were being between the earliest residents of 501 W. Fifth, which dated to at minimum 1887.
By 1888, Allen B. Strother and J.L. Davies ended up there. Strother was an engineer for the Alabama Fantastic Southern Railroad and Davies was a bookkeeper for Carter, Magill & Ewing.
Frank Fitch had the big property solo in 1889.
The upcoming calendar year, architect John A. Mickey and James A. Williams identified a residence there. Williams was the president and manager of the Summit Metropolis Land and Enhancement Firm.
Operating a boarding dwelling there in the early 1900s ended up Anson L. Persons and then J.A. Johnson.
By 1920, the home was partitioned into the primary section and the 1/2 section. Sidney Boss had the primary home and W.H. Poe the other.
In 1931, it was C.T. Woolf in the principal portion and the other was vacant.
At the get started of Entire world War II, Mrs. B.F. Henley had it divided into 3 sections. E.N. Soward was upstairs. B.C. Freeman had the 1/2.
Around the conclude, Miss out on R.B. Harden presided in the house segment and L.F. Cox was still left with the 1/2.