Roof replacement can be expensive. It’s important that you know the difference between a roof in need of repair and one that is completely replaced. To prevent roof damage and maintain your roof’s functionality for as long as possible, you should know how to care for it. Old Time Roofing can assist you in all of this!
Signs That Your Roof Needs to Be Repair
- Although your roof may not be very old, it is leaking. A roof repair is your best option if your roof is not too old, but it is leaking. A poorly trained crew can make errors when installing important details. An experienced roof repair technician can prolong the life of your roof by extending its lifespan for many years if the material is in good condition.
- A missing shingle means that it is gone. Although it may not seem like an important issue, every shingle matters. A reputable roofing contractor should replace any shingles that are missing after a storm. It is easy to do and your roof will continue to protect your home if it is done correctly.
Signs That Your Roof Needs to Be Replace
Your contractor should inform you about the expected lifespan of your roofing material before they put it on. When your roof has reached the end of its service life, it’s time to start looking for roofing contractors. If you take good care of your roof, it’s possible that it will last for longer than expected. However, it’s never a bad idea to have it inspected. Your roof’s potential for leaking and causing damage to your home and structure will increase the longer you wait.
Another sign that your roof needs replacement: major granule loss. If your shingle roof is starting to lose its granules, it means that your roof is beginning to fail. Granules protect your shingles against the sun’s harmful UV rays. Your roof’s UV protection is being lost if the granules start to fall off. The asphalt beneath the granules will likely become brittle. This is a sign that there are more issues with your roof. Resolving one problem will not solve the problem.
Tips to Maintain Your Roof
Maintaining your roof can help you avoid repairs or a premature replacement. Here are some things you should know.
- Regularly inspect your roof. Check for missing or curled shingles or large shingle granules. Look in your attic for water stains. Check for moisture. Look at the ridgeline from a distance. You should look for sunken roof areas and curving ridge caps.
- Your roof should be cleaned regularly. Keep your roof clean of leaves and branches. You can hire a professional to clean your roof if you are unable to reach it.
- When it begins to age, have it checked by a professional. Shingle roofs can last for about 15-20 years. If your shingle roof is approaching 20 years of age, have it checked by a professional roofing contractor.
Are you ready to repair or replace your roof? Get in touch with a reputable roofing contractor
Old Time Roofing helps homeowners with roof inspection, repair, and replacement. Call today to make an appointment with an experienced and skilled roofing contractor.
This post was written by a roofing professional at KCG Roofing. KCG Roofing is one of the best roofing companies in Tampa! KCG Roofing has the experience and expertise to replace or repair your roof with quality materials and excellent craftsmanship. All our roofs are backed by a 15-year leak-free guarantee, the highest in the industry. We have been family-owned and operated for over 40 years.